Woven Heart SAORI Studio is an expressive and creative weaving and fiber studio for adults and children offering individual one on one classes as well as small groups. Classes are offered virtually and in person at the studio by appointment as short classes or longer intensive retreats. We embrace the philosophies of SAORI and concepts of wabi sabi and no mistakes creating by encouraging students to engage in joyful, weaving from their heart. No experience is necessary. We all learn and grow from each other.
Weaving Class Topics Can Include:
- SAORI Warping using SAORI Warping Board
– Beaming and Threading a SAORI warp – using the SAORI tabletop beaming and threading system
- Threading a pre-wound warp using the SAORI tabletop threading system
– Creative and Expressive weaving – techniques that bring texture, interest and adventure into your cloth
- Garment Design, Draping and Construction – see Sewing your cloth page for detailed class descriptions
- Exploration of 3D Weaving – Cross and Circle weaving- See the possibilities of weaving 3 dimensional structure on your 2 dimensional loom. With clever warp and weft pattern, watch your cloth pop into dimension when you take it off the loom.
Registration is required in advance and kits will be available.
Please add your name to our e-mail newsletter to hear about new classes as they get scheduled.
Woven Heart looks forward to bringing the bold adventure SAORI weaving of all around the Southeast.