Retreat topics can include:
- SAORI warping using SAORI warping board
- Beaming and Threading a SAORI warp using the SAORI tabletop beaming and threading system
- Threading a prewound warp using the SAORI tabletop threading system
- Creative and Expressive weaving techniques. Bringing interest into your cloth
- Garment Design, Draping and Construction- see Sewing your cloth page for detailed class descriptions
- Exploration of 3D Weaving- Cross and Circle weaving- See the possibilities of weaving 3 dimensional structure on your 2 dimensional loom. With clever warp and weft pattern, watch your cloth pop into dimension when you take it off the loom.
Overnight accommodations can be arranged either at a local hotel, airbnb, or a local B&B.
*Material fees are $3.5 per oz-cotton, wool and warps, weighed when the project is finished and cut off the loom
Woven Heart looks forward to bringing the bold adventure SAORI weaving of all around the Southeast.